Saturday, April 15, 2017

Cry for Blood

I was once asked on my take on Death Penalty. I simply replied, "I am just thankful that I am not the one in charge of passing judgement".
As expected, I was hit with a rebuttal. "Have you heard about the latest news about rape, holdup, and killings?". Do you think these people deserve to live? "What if  your loved ones fall victim to these criminals?"

No, I don't think they deserve to live. But I am just content that their blood won't be on my hands. You people feel and think that it's all too easy to pass judgement. Can you seriously look a person in the eye and tell him/her that his/her life holds no good value to you or this world?

And please stop your ill-wishing towards me saying. "I hope your loved ones do not fall victim to these criminals." or "You will change your mind once you lose a loved one." Ask yourself, "who has the mind of a criminal here"? The one who DOES NOT ENCOURAGE harm or death, or the one who WISHES HARM to someone THE VERY MOMENT that they DO NOT AGREE on lethal punishments?

Just because I don't fully support your cause it doesn't mean that I am 'protecting' them. I just don't want to be all too consumed with hate and negativity. You are saying that there is NO OTHER WAY to eradicate crime, and that may be TRUE. But that DOESN'T MEAN we have to OBLITERATE WRONG-DOERS ALONG with our humanity, our compassion, and our faith.

We USED to be a Catholic Nation. We USED to be God's people. Now were are REDUCED to delusional and divided DESULTORY keyboard WARMONGERS. We CRY for BLOOD without REGARD of anything aside from the hateful feeling that we have been WRONGED. We think of 'JUSTICE' as 'RETRIBUTION' INSTEAD of 'REASON'.

You say send our police and armies to destroy 'TERRORISTS'. Have you ever thought of the families that our brave law enforcers HAVE TO LEAVE BEHIND (and possibly NEVER see again) to fight YOUR wars? Have you ever considered the possibility that the PEOPLE that we label as 'terrorists' just want to defend THEIR LAND, culture, and WAY OF LIFE from OUR corrupt government system? When was the last time you helped out a 'katutubo', you hypocrite. Yes, just in case it hasn't been taught in school or posted by that stupid cheesy-numbskull Marcelo Santos III on Facebook, we, the modernized flatland-dwellers TOOK over the LANDS of aboriginals.

You hate on the CBCP saying they are hypocrites. You say Religion is obsolete and Rituals are baseless fabricated horseshit created to rake in MONEY. The Holy Bible contradicts itself. And YES, this time I TOTALLY AGREE.

But I myself WOULDN'T talk to an armed intoxicated maniac. I believe that I am ACCOUNTABLE to a POWER HIGHER than MYSELF. I STILL CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS (see: birth of Jesus Christ), I still OBSERVE the HOLY WEEK (see: Visita Iglesia), and attend the occasional Fiesta (see: Patron Saint Feast). I USE GOOGLE MAPS whenever I am IN NEED of DIRECTIONS or when I DON'T KNOW JACKSHIT about the route I that am supposed to take. And sometimes, if not always, Google Maps FAIL me. Surprised? Even with the latest technology at its disposal it is still NOT infallible. The Holy Bible is a GUIDE, something to give us an idea on how we can LIVE in HARMONY WITH one another, NOT a PERFECT layout that you have to FOLLOW to the last LETTER. You are STILL IN CHARGE of how you would get to your destination.

Fanaticism is certainly a dangerous thing. Each of us is a CRUSADER of something that we BELIEVE in. But please recognize, realize, perceive the significance of what you are vigorously fighting for. Is this your own truth? Or some pointless cause forced upon you by HATE and your VENGEFUL view of justice? Now I ask you, is taking guidance from a 'Book' more dangerous than being an over-zealous fanatic of a man and his work? Don't get me wrong though, PRRD is still my President.

I leave you with a quote from one of my favorite books:

Whether or not you believe in God, you must believe this. When we as a species abandon our trust in the power greater than us, we abandon our sense of accountability. Faith… all faiths… are admonitions that there is something we cannot understand, something to which we are accountable… With faith we are accountable to each other, to ourselves, and to a higher truth. Religion is flawed, but only because man is flawed. If the outside world could see this church as I do… looking beyond the ritual of these walls… they would see a modern miracle… a brotherhood of imperfect, simple souls wanting only to be a voice of compassion in a world spinning out of control.

No comments: